Eight Ways to De-Stress the Holidays
1. Turn off the news. Light candles and play music.
2. Keep a “success list” every day. Notice what gets done, not what doesn’t.
3. Focus on the things you like in your life. You’ll get more of them.
4. Take a 20 minute walk. Natural light and exercise can improve mood.
5. Take a short nap.
6. Breathe in to a count of 4. Hold 4, then release, breathing out to a count of 4. Repeat often. This will help relieve anxiety and control panic attacks.
7. Stay aware of the meaning the holidays have for you.
8. Never miss a counseling appointment.