Eight Ways to De-Stress the Holidays
- Turn off the news. Light candles and play music.
- Keep a “success list” every day. Notice what gets done, not what doesn’t.
- Focus on the things you like in your life. You’ll get more of them.
- Take a 20 minute walk. Natural light and exercise can improve mood.
- Take a short nap.
- Breathe in to a count of 4. Hold 4, then release, breathing out to a count of 4. Repeat often. This will help relieve anxiety and control panic attacks.
- Stay aware of the meaning the holidays have for you.
- 8. Never miss a counseling appointment.